This tour has been cancelled. Please check our Nature Hikes & Tour calendar for upcoming tours. Thank you.
Envisioning the Westside Trail Sunset Tour
This walking tour is designed for those who would like to get an update on the Westside Trail (opened in Sept 2017) and ENVISION what it will look like in the future. Our "Envisioning Tours" (offered throughout ATL) focus mainly on the physical elements of Atlanta's largest infrastructure project. We discuss current and future trails, green spaces, access points, vertical connections, transit plans and transit-oriented developments. Guests will learn about ten techniques they can use to envision what ATL will look like 5, 10 and 20 years from now. We also offer these as a Private Tour.
This tour repeats on Oct 24
PLEASE NOTE: Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading tours throughout the Atlanta area since 2014. We highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member. Thank you.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Envisioning the Westside Trail Walking Tour starts at the Ashby MARTA station and ends at Monday Night Brewing (see tips for getting here below). The entire route is about 4 miles long, which includes the 3-mile WST + one mile of streets that connect to the WST. There is an optional get-together after the tour at the Monday Night Garage.
Due to the distance and potentially high temperatures, you should be in excellent physical condition to participate.
GETTING THERE & BACK
Your best bet is to take MARTA to the Ashby station to join the tour. After the tour you can either walk to the West End MARTA station or take a ride-sharing service back to your final destination. See this multi-media map for videos on how to get around the WST.
- 0945, Meet at the Ashby MARTA station
- 1000, Tour begins
- 1045, Washington Park
- 1115, MLK bridge / access point
- 1130, Lucile Ave tunnel
- 1145, RDA tunnel / Kroger access point
- 1200, Lawton St bridge / Lee + White Development
- 1215, Lee/Murphy tunnel / Murphy's Crossing
- 1230, Allene Ave access point (the WST has lighting) )
- 1300, Tour ends at Monday Night Brewing (optional get-together)
* Times, route and stops are all subject to change. We will be stopping at key locations such as bridges and proposed transit stops. You may join the tour at any of the alternative entry points described above but you MUST pre-register online. We cannot accommodate walk-ups.