Envisioning the Westside Trail Sunset Tour
This walking tour is designed for those who would like to get an update on the Westside Trail (opened in Sept 2017) and ENVISION what it will look like in the future. Our "Envisioning Tours" (offered throughout ATL) focus mainly on the physical elements of Atlanta's largest infrastructure project. We discuss current and future trails, green spaces, access points, vertical connections, transit plans and transit-oriented developments. Guests will learn 10 techniques they can use to envision what ATL will look like 5, 10 and 20 years from now. We also offer these as a Private Tour.
This tour repeats on Sept 27 and Oct 24
PLEASE NOTE: Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading tours throughout the Atlanta area since 2014. We highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member. Thank you.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Envisioning the Westside Trail Sunset Tour starts at the Ashby MARTA station and ends at Monday Night Brewing (see tips for getting here below). The entire route is about 4 miles long, which includes the 3-mile WST + one mile of streets that connect to the WST. There is an optional get-together after the tour at the Monday Night Garage.
This tour is ideal for those who are interested in the future of the Atlanta Beltline and surrounding neighborhoods. This includes anyone interested buying or investing in Atlanta real estate. Real estate professionals from any and all companies are also welcome to attend.
Due to the distance and potentially high temperatures, you should be in excellent physical condition to participate.
GETTING THERE & BACK
Your best bet is to take MARTA to the Ashby station to join the tour. After the tour you can either walk to the West End MARTA station or take a ride-sharing service back to your final destination. See this multi-media map for videos on how to get around the WST.
- 5:15, Meet at the Ashby MARTA station
- 5:30, Tour begins
- 5:45, Washington Park
- 6:15, MLK bridge / access point
- 6:30, Lucile Ave tunnel
- 6:45, RDA tunnel / Kroger access point
- 7:00, Lawton St bridge / Lee + White Development
- 7:15, Lee/Murphy tunnel / Murphy's Crossing
- 7:30, Allene Ave access point
- 8:00, Tour ends at Monday Night Brewing (optional get-together)
- 8:16, Sunset on the MNG patio overlooking the Westside Trail
* Times, route and stops are all subject to change. We will be stopping at key locations such as bridges and proposed transit stops. You may join the tour at any of the alternative entry points described above but you MUST pre-register online. We cannot accommodate walk-ups.