Envisioning the Eastside Trail Sunset Tour, Part I
NOTE: This tour has been cancelled due to weather. This tour repeats monthly. Please visit our tour calendar for additional dates.
Join us for a new series of tours designed for those who would like to ENVISION what the Eastside Trail will look like as it moves from Phase 1 (current) to Phase 2 (2019-2023) and onto Phase 3 (2024-2030) of the 2030 Strategic Implementation Plan.
These tours will focus on the physical elements of Atlanta's largest infrastructure project such as trails, green space, access points, vertical connections, transit and proposed transit-oriented developments. Guests will be encouraged to envision what the Beltline will look like 5, 10 and 20 years from now. We also offer this as a Private Tour.
PLEASE NOTE: Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading tours throughout the Atlanta area since 2014. We highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member. Thank you.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Our Envisioning the Eastside Trail Walking Tour is offered in two parts. Each covers about 2.5 miles and takes about two hours to complete. Part 1 begins in the parking lot of the Publix at Ansley Mall and ends at New Real Brewing. Part 2 begins at New Realm Brewing and ends at Golden Eagle.
This tour is ideal for those who are interested in the future of the Atlanta Beltline and surrounding neighborhoods. This includes anyone interested buying or investing in Atlanta real estate. Real estate professionals from any and all companies are also welcome to attend.
Due to the distances and high temperatures, you should be in excellent physical condition to participate. Most of Part 1 will be take us on unpaved trails so you should wear sturdy walking or hiking shoes.
- 6:15, Meet in the parking lot behind Public Ansley Mall
- 6:30, Tour begins (we will hike north on the interim hiking trail to Montgomery Ferry Road and discuss the current activity that is currently taking place in that section of the corridor)
- 7:15, Piedmont Park (interim hiking trail runs along the eastern edge)
- 8:00, Quick tour of Historic Fourth Ward Park
- 8:30, Tour ends at the Angier Springs Rd access point (between 955 North Apts and New Realm Brewing)
- Optional dinner & drinks at New Realm Brewing
* Times, route and stops are all subject to change. We will be stopping at key locations such as bridges and proposed transit stops. You may join the tour at any of the alternative entry points described above but you MUST pre-register online. We cannot accommodate walk-ups.