Columbus Adventure Trip
Act quickly, this event will sell out. Please read carefully...
- If you are going to participate in the whitewater portion, order your tickets ASAP
- Then, register here if you want to meet up with other UXATL members
- Once we know who is going we will make car-pooling and (optionally) lodging arrangements, etc.
- I (Steve) have signed up for the 4:00PM Challenge Whitewater trip described on this page
- I am planning to drive down Friday morning and stay 2 nights*. I also plan to do some biking along the Chattahoochee Riverwalk as well as zip-lining.
- You will see these options when you register
* I booked an AirBnB in the historic district at 624 1st Ave
Friday, Aug 24 (optional early departure date)
- 10:00, Drive to Columbus
- 12:00, Lunch in columbus (location TBD)
- Afternoon activities TBD
- 7:00, Dinner (TBD)
Saturday, Aug 25
- 09:00, Drive to Columbus (departure location TBD)
- 11:30, Early lunch in Columbus (location TBD)
- 1:00, Walk around Columbus
- 4:00, Whitewater adventure (2 hours)
- 6:00, Powerhouse Paddler Party by Sweetwater Brewing (live music and cold brews overlooking Waveshaper Island)
- 8:00, Dinner in Columbus (location TBD)
- Remain overnight in Columbus (optional)
Sunday, Aug 26
- 09:00, Brunch (location TBD)
- 10:00, Bike or Walk along Chattahoochee Riverwalk and/or do some ziplining
- 12:00, Lunch (location TBD)
- 4:00 - 5:00, Drive back to Atlanta
About the whitewater portion of this trip...
Record breaking whitewater rafting, zip-lining, live music and cold beer - The 2018 Grand Columbus Whitewater Paddle on August 25 is better and wetter than ever. The Grand is the largest weekend of whitewater rafting in Columbus history hosting more than 1,200 paddlers on the Chattahoochee River and featuring a Saturday afternoon riverside party celebrating Columbus - the best adventure city in Georgia!
On Saturday morning, rafters will begin to hit the river for a day of whitewater paddling with our friends at Whitewater Express! Their team of paddle guides will lead groups on two-hour long rafting adventures down the 'hooch every hour of the day!
In the afternoon, join in us on for the Powerhouse Paddle Party at overlooking Waveshaper Island for live music and cold brews with our friends from Sweetwater Brewing Company!
The big splash: “The Grand” features a weekend of discounted whitewater rafting starting at $25 per person - every paddler gets a free drink ticket for a beer or soft drink.
The Powerhouse Paddler Party is free and open to the public.
For non-paddlers, 21+ up wristbands cost $8 and include a Grand souvenir cup and a drink ticket (good for a soft drink or a SweetWater beer). Additional individual beers cost $4 (cash only).
To receive your complementary beverage, pick-up your wristband and ticket starting at 3:00 PM at The Powerhouse.