This tour was rescheduled from Feb 03 to Mar 10
West Atlanta / Proctor Creek Driving Tour
"A good hockey player skates where the puck is. A great hockey player skates where the puck will be." — Wayne Gretzky
This guided tour is for those who would like to learn more about the neighborhoods that are located in West Atlanta and along the proposed Proctor Creek Greenway (first trail section opening in Spring 2018). The tour area includes all of Sub-area 9 and part of Sub-area 10 of the Atlanta Beltline Master Planning overlay. Sub-area 10 includes the new Westside Trail north of I-20.
As always, we will focus on the the built environment and its proximity to current and future (proposed) developments including the Atlanta Beltline, Proctor Creek Greenway, Westside Reservoir Park, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, West Midtown and more. We will also pay close attention to key transit connections that are planned for this area.
This two-part tour begins and ends at the Bankhead MARTA station.
- 10:00 - 11:30, Eastern half of the tour area
- 11:30 - 12:00, Picnic lunch at Maddox Park (included)
- 12:00 - 1:00, Western half of the tour area
- 1:15, Optional breweeb tour of Red Brick and Scofflaw Brewing
- Members, $50 (members may bring up to 2 guests at $75/guest)
- Non-members, $100 (non-members may bring 1 guest at $75)
- Your registration fee includes the 3-hour guided tour, lunch and an information package (alcoholic beverages not included)
YOUR TOUR GUIDE
Steve Saenz is the founder of Urban Explorers of Atlanta & ExploreATL Tours. Since 2014, he has led over 200 tours throughout the City of Atlanta.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You enjoy exploring urban environments with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn about Atlanta's Historic Belt Lines
- You would like to know about the timing of the key elements of the Atlanta Beltline project including trail, transit and green space design and development
- You would like to see where the proposed transit stops and access points will be in the future
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in these areas
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with the Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading bike, bus and walking tours throughout Atlanta since 2014. We are huge supporters of the Beltline project and highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Atlanta Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member.