Southside Trail Neighborhoods Driving Tour (DT)
This guided driving tour is for those who would like to learn more about the neighborhoods that are located along the Southside Trail. This section of the Atlanta Beltline includes all of Subareas 2 & 3 and part of Subarea 4. Our focus will be on the built environment, history, trails, transit and parks. We will discuss and visit proposed access points, transit stops, transit connections and key (future) development nodes. The tour begins and ends at the Glenwood Kroger. It also includes lunch and a visit to the new Monday Night Brewing Garage.
Read guest commends
- 10:00 - 12:30, Guided Tour in an Executive Vanterra
- 12:00 - 1:00, Lunch Stop at Monday Night Garage*
- 1:00 - 2:00, Flex time to visit other areas on the way back to the starting point (we will be back by 2:00 at the latest)
from our last tour of this area
* The Monday Night Garage, which is located in the Lee + White Food & Beverage District is just outside of Subarea 2 (it's in Subarea 1 at the south end of the new Westside Trail) but its strategic location is critically important to the future of the Southside Trail.
SUBAREAS & NEIGHBORHOODS
Subarea 2 includes the neighborhoods of Adair Park, Capitol View, Capitol View Manor, Chosewood Park, High Point Estates, Oakland City, Mechanicsville, Peoplestown, Pittsburgh, Sylvan Hills, and The Villages at Carver. Highlights iunclude D.H. Stanton Park, Carver High School, easy access to Turner Field and a prime location on Atlanta’s Downtown Connector.
Subarea 3 includes the neighborhoods are of Beulah Heights, Boulevard Heights, Chosewood Park, Englewood Manor, Grant Park, and Ormewood Park. Highlights of Subarea 3 include Boulevard Crossing Park, Grant Park (and its associated restaurant area), Zoo Atlanta and stately Victorian homes.
The portion of Subarea 4 that we will explore on this tour includes the neighborhoods of Glenwood Park, Grant Park and Ormewood Park.
YOUR TOUR GUIDE
Steve Saenz is the founder of Urban Explorers of Atlanta & ExploreATL Tours. Since 2014, he has led over 200 tours throughout the City of Atlanta.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You enjoy exploring urban environments with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn about Atlanta's Historic Belt Lines
- You would like to know about the timing of the key elements of the Atlanta Beltline project including trail, transit and green space design and development
- You would like to see where the proposed transit stops and access points will be in the future
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in these areas
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with the Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading bike, bus and walking tours throughout Atlanta since 2014. We are huge supporters of the Beltline project and highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Atlanta Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member.