Click on image above for a close-up view of tour area
ABOUT THIS TOUR
NOTE: This tour will be offered again on Feb 3. You may also be interested in our Southside Trail Neighborhood Tour.
This guided tour is for those who would like to learn more about the neighborhoods that are located in West Atlanta and along the proposed Proctor Creek Greenway (first trail section opening in December 2017). The tour area includes all of Sub-area 9 and part of Sub-area 10 of the Atlanta Beltline Master Planning overlay. Sub-area 10 includes the new Westside Trail north of I-20.
The tour area also includes several areas that are outside of the Beltline planning area such as Vine City and English Avenue to the east and West Highlands and Whittier Mill Village to the west. We will be exploring all of Proctor Creek from where it originates in Mozley Park to where it flows into the Chattahoochee River.
As always, our focus will be on the built environment, history, trails, transit and parks. We will discuss and visit proposed access points, transit stops, transit connections and other key development nodes. There will be an optional brewery tour afterwards.
This two-part tour begins and ends at the Bankhead MARTA station.
- 10:00 - 11:30, Eastern half of the tour area
- 11:30 - 12:30, Lunch at Bone Garden Cantina (included)
- 12:30 - 2:00, Western half of the tour area
- 2:00 - 4:00, Optional Brewery Tour*
* The optional brewery tour begins after we get dropped off at Bankhead station. Those who go will be driving their own vehicles or carpooling with others. The tour includes tasting stops at Scofflaw Brewing and Red Brick Brewing.
- Members, $50
- Non-members, $100
- Your registration fee includes the 3-hour guided tour, lunch and an information package (alcoholic beverages not included)
- Beverages consumed on optional brewery tour also not included
YOUR TOUR GUIDE
Steve Saenz is the founder of Urban Explorers of Atlanta & ExploreATL Tours. Since 2014, he has led over 200 tours throughout the City of Atlanta.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You enjoy exploring urban environments with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn about Atlanta's Historic Belt Lines
- You would like to know about the timing of the key elements of the Atlanta Beltline project including trail, transit and green space design and development
- You would like to see where the proposed transit stops and access points will be in the future
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in these areas
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with the Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading bike, bus and walking tours throughout Atlanta since 2014. We are huge supporters of the Beltline project and highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Atlanta Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member.