ABOUT THIS TOUR
This guided motor coach tour is for those who would like to learn more about the neighborhoods that are located on or near the Southside and Westside Trails. We will be riding through Subareas 1, 2, 3 and 10. This includes the neighborhoods of Glenwood Park. Grant Park. Ormewood Park, Boulevard Heights, Peoplestown, Chosewood Park, South Atlanta, High Point, Pittsburgh, Capitol View Manor, Capitol View, Sylvan Hills, Adair Park, Oakland City, West End, Ashview Heights, Just Us, Mozley Park and Washington Park.
Our focus will be on the built environment, history, trails, transit and parks. We will discuss and visit proposed access points, transit stops, transit connections and key development nodes.
The 4-hour tour begins and ends at the Kroger in Glenwood Park. Your registration fee includes lunch and a pit stop at the new Monday Night Brewing Garage.
YOUR TOUR GUIDE
Steve Saenz is the founder of Urban Explorers of Atlanta. Since 2014, he has led over 200 tours throughout the City of Atlanta.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You enjoy exploring urban environments with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn about Atlanta's Historic Belt Lines
- You would like to know about the timing of the key elements of the Atlanta Beltline project including trail, transit and green space design and development
- You would like to see where the proposed transit stops and access points will be in the future
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in these areas
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
Urban Explorers of Atlanta is not affiliated with the Atlanta Beltline, Inc. or the Atlanta Beltline Partnership. We are an independent tour company that has been leading bike, bus and walking tours throughout Atlanta since 2014. We are huge supporters of the Beltline project and highly recommend the excellent tours offered by the Atlanta Beltline and its partner organizations. We also encourage everyone to support the Atlanta Beltline by volunteering and/or becoming a member.