Non-members, if you would like to save some money, please consider JOINING Urban Explorers of Atlanta.
ABOUT THESE TOURS
Our SUB-AREA tours are a series of guided walking tours designed for those who would like to get better acquainted with the 45 distinct neighborhoods that lie on or along the Atlanta Beltline. The series consists of ten tours that correspond to the ten sub-areas that make up the make up the Atlanta Beltline Planning Area.
The tours last 3-4 hours and typically include a lunch stop somewhere along the line. The routes are mostly flat and paved but you you must be able to walk 5-7 miles at a moderate pace. You may participate in part or all of the route as long as you let our tour guide know in advance.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tour begins at Lindbergh Station. It ends where the Beltline corridor comes into Armour Yard. There will likely be an optional post-tour get-together at La Parrilla Mexican. The entire tour will focus on Sub-area 7.
Subarea 7 of the Atlanta BeltLine envelopes the neighborhoods between where highways 75 and 85 split to the north. The trails and transit will spur north to Lindbergh MARTA station and cross underneath Peachtree Street at Piedmont Hospital. Tanyard Creek Trail is an open and active path of the Atlanta BeltLine in this subarea.
Subarea 7 neighborhoods include: Ardmore Park, Brookwood and Brookwood Hills, Collier Hills, Lindbergh and Lindbergh City Center, Lindridge, Martin Manor, and Peachtree Hills. Conveniences to note in this subarea are Tanyard Creek and the Atlanta Memorial Trail, Bobby Jones Golf Course, Piedmont Hospital, Lindbergh City Center, and more.
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
This tour is also available as a private walking, biking or bus tour. If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You like to explore new areas of town (on foot) with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn more about the history of Atlanta and/or the Atlanta Beltline project
- You are interested in keeping up with the design and construction of the Atlanta Beltline multi-use trail and transit system
- You are interested in learning about topics such as land use, mobility and parks as they relate to the Atlanta Beltline project
- You would like to get a first-hand look at the housing stock that exists in each of the Beltline sub-areas
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in the various sub-areas
- You lead a business / organization and would like to take a group of clients, employees, etc. that is interested in any of the above (see private tours below)
ABOUT URBAN EXPLORERS
ATLANTA BELTLINE MASTER PLAN
For planning purposes, the Atlanta BeltLine is divided into 10 separate subareas. Each of these areas has undergone an extensive planning process where all considerations for various land uses are mapped out. These maps illustrate these plans, and they include designs for green space, residential and commercial development, transit, and other components. In addition, a map of the tax allocation district shows the impact area for the TAD, created in 2005 to help fund the Atlanta BeltLine project.