Non-members, if you would like to save some money, please consider JOINING Urban Explorers of Atlanta.
ABOUT THESE TOURS
Our SUB-AREA tours are a series of guided walking tours designed for those who would like to get better acquainted with the 45 distinct neighborhoods that lie on or along the Atlanta Beltline. The series consists of ten tours that correspond to the ten sub-areas that make up the make up the Atlanta Beltline Planning Area.
The tours last 3-4 hours and typically include a lunch stop somewhere along the line. The routes are mostly flat and paved but you you must be able to walk 5-7 miles at a moderate pace. You may participate in part or all of the route as long as you let our tour guide know in advance.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tour begins in front of the old Cycolrama (Zoo Atlanta) in Grant Park and ends in Glenwood Park. There will be an optional post-hike get-together at Vickery's in Glenwood Park. The entire tour will focus on Sub-area 3.
From Hill Street where Subarea 2 leaves off, the Atlanta BeltLine corridor bisects Subarea 3 just north of Englewood and crosses Boulevard Avenue, Confederate Avenue, and over the arched, brick bridge soaring over Ormewood Avenue almost up to Glenwood Avenue.
Subarea 3 neighborhoods are: Beulah Heights, Boulevard Heights, Chosewood Park, Englewood Manor, Grant Park, and Ormewood Park. Highlights of Subarea 3 include Boulevard Crossing Park, Grant Park (and its associated restaurant area), Zoo Atlanta, the Cyclorama, and stately Victorian homes.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You like to explore new areas of town (on foot) with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn more about the history of Atlanta and/or the Atlanta Beltline project
- You are interested in keeping up with the design and construction of the Atlanta Beltline multi-use trail and transit system
- You are interested in learning about topics such as land use, mobility and parks as they relate to the Atlanta Beltline project
- You would like to get a first-hand look at the housing stock that exists in each of the Beltline sub-areas
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in the various sub-areas
- You lead a business / organization and would like to take a group of clients, employees, etc. that is interested in any of the above (see private tours below)
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
This tour is also available as a private walking, biking or bus tour. If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
ABOUT URBAN EXPLORERS