Please note: This tour is completely full and the we wait list is closed. Please see our calendar for upcoming events. Thank you.
ABOUT THESE TOURS
AB360 is a series of guided walking tours designed for those who would like to get better acquainted with the 45 distinct neighborhoods that lie on or along the Atlanta Beltline. The series consists of ten tours that correspond to the ten sub-areas that make up the make up the Atlanta Beltline Planning Area.
The tours last 3-4 hours and typically include a lunch stop somewhere along the line. The routes are mostly flat and paved but you you must be able to walk 5-7 miles at a moderate pace. You may participate in part or all of the route as long as you let our tour guide know in advance.
Again, the emphasis of these tours is to get to know the 45 Beltline neighborhoods better. To accomplish that we will You will get a first-hand look at where the Atlanta Beltline multi-use trail and transit system will go as they make their way through each neighborhood. Interactive route maps will be provided to those who register about one week before the tour date.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tour begins at the Oakland City MARTA station and ends at Eventide Brewing. The entire tour will focus on Sub-area 2.
From Lee Street in the west, Subarea 2 sweeps east all the way to Hill Street, over Metropolitan Avenue, running alongside University Avenue and passing under 75 / 85 at the University Avenue exit, and crossing McDonough Boulevard at grade where it intersects with University and Ridge Avenue.
Subarea 2 encompasses the following neighborhoods: Adair Park, Capitol View, Capitol View Manor, Chosewood Park, High Point Estates, Oakland City, Mechanicsville, Peoplestown, Pittsburgh, Sylvan Hills, and The Villages at Carver. The area includes D.H. Stanton Park, Four Corners Park, Carver High School, easy access to Turner Field, and a prime location on Atlanta’s Downtown Connector.
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
This tour is also available as a private walking, biking or bus tour. If you would like to schedule a private tour for your group, please contact member support for pricing and scheduling. Thank you.
YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS TOUR IF...
- You like to explore new areas of town (on foot) with an experienced tour guide
- You would like to learn more about the history of Atlanta and/or the Atlanta Beltline project
- You are interested in keeping up with the design and construction of the Atlanta Beltline multi-use trail and transit system
- You are interested in learning about topics such as land use, mobility and parks as they relate to the Atlanta Beltline project
- You would like to get a first-hand look at the housing stock that exists in each of the Beltline sub-areas
- You are interested in getting a better feel for the type of development that is (will be) occurring in the various sub-areas
- You lead a business / organization and would like to take a group of clients, employees, etc. that is interested in any of the above (see private tours below)
ABOUT URBAN EXPLORERS
ATLANTA BELTLINE MASTER PLAN
For planning purposes, the Atlanta BeltLine is divided into 10 separate subareas. Each of these areas has undergone an extensive planning process where all considerations for various land uses are mapped out. These maps illustrate these plans, and they include designs for green space, residential and commercial development, transit, and other components. In addition, a map of the tax allocation district shows the impact area for the TAD, created in 2005 to help fund the Atlanta BeltLine project.